I am a performance poet and storyteller from Ireland. I hail from a place called Horseleap in the heart of the Irish midlands, on the border between counties Westmeath and Offaly. I have a passion for words - I celebrate the minor and major mysteries of life with poetry- I will recite a rhyme, tell a story and maybe even sing a bar of a song for your entertainment. Most of my material is original although I also include in my repretoire some of my father's poems and an eclectic selection of material I have picked up in my travels. While conscious of a debt to the past I am equally aware of the pressing needs of the present which call for the constant renewal of the poetic impulse. I do not seek to instruct or enlighten the age however, as I am neither a politician nor a prophet. I am an entertainer - I see myself a knight whose quest is to open the door to the imagination again and again. So open yours ears and listen - it is bound to be an entertaining experience.
I have two children, Charlotte and George. Their mother Anne and I are amicably separated by mutual agreement. The old husband and wife thing didn't work out too well but the father and mother part is doing just fine.
I have appeared at:
• The Electric Picnic
• Cúirt Festival of Literature, Galway
• All-Ireland Amateur Drama Festival, Athlone
• Galway Arts Festival
• Irish-American Festival, Washington DC
• Festival of the Fires, Uisneach, Co. Westmeath
• Patrick Kavanagh Raglan Road Festival, Inniskeen, Co. Monaghan
• Kilbeggan Knighthood Festival, Kilbeggan, Co. Westmeath.
• and in many other venues - I first cut my teeth as a performance poet in Galway reciting "blasts of bardic brilliance" across crowded barrooms during Irish Traditional Music sessions.